Movement is the most important part of any fitness routine. You can’t just work out and expect to lose weight or improve your fitness level. Improving your movement efficiency will help you in many ways, such as:
– Preventing back pain
– Increasing range of motion
– Strengthening muscles and joints
– Improving cognitive function.
Here are 5 easy ways to improve your movement efficiency:.
How to Improve Movement Efficiency
1. Take care of your feet by wearing comfortable shoes and buying good quality inserts for your shoes.
2. Make sure you stretch before and after you workout, as well as during workouts.
3. Your core is the powerhouse of your body, so make sure it’s strong by doing planks or push-ups on a regular basis.
4. Spend at least 15 minutes each day performing dynamic exercises like jogging or running in place followed by stretches to improve flexibility and range of motion.
5. Add 1-2 minutes to your daily walk by adding hills, stairs, or other challenges to increase strength and range of motion..
Stretch Your Muscles for Better Range of Motion
To increase your range of motion, you need to stretch your muscles. You can do this by getting into the stretches listed below for 10-30 seconds.
– Chest (pushing the arms out)
– Back (bending forward)
– Shoulders (shrug shoulders up)
Keep in mind that you should never push yourself too far or hold stretches for more than 30 seconds. For example, if you are not used to stretching your hamstrings, start off with a 10 second stretch and gradually increase time as needed. If you feel any discomfort, pain, or burning sensation while stretching your muscles, stop there and move on to the next muscle group.
Strengthen Your Joints and Protect Them From Injury
When it comes to fitness, you want to make sure that you’re not only working out your muscles and improving your mobility, but also working on strengthening your joints and protecting them from injury.
Joints are made up of the bones, cartilage, and ligaments that hold our body together. These joints allow us to move freely and flexibly through a wide range of motion. When we don’t exercise these joints regularly they get weak and more susceptible to injury.
One easy way to protect your joints is by stretching before participating in any activity that will increase the joint’s range of motion.
Improve Your Balance
There are a lot of different reasons why you should focus on improving your balance, but the most important reason is that it helps to protect your joints and spine from injury. Your body will build up an increased tolerance for movement and change in position, which will help you avoid falls.
Jump Around a Bit
Do you get bored sitting in the same desk all day? Try jumping around every hour to get the blood flowing. This will not only improve your movement efficiency, but it will also help with your mood. You’ll thank yourself for doing this when you’re not sitting in a chair all day long!
It’s time to get moving!
At this point, you may be wondering why you need to put in the extra effort to improve your movement. Well, there are many reasons why it’s so important. First of all, movement is the only way to keep your muscles, joints, and bones healthy. It’s also a great way to release some stress, burn some calories, and just have fun with it. And the more you move, the better your movement efficiency will be. So it’s time to get up and get moving!